The story of Britches:
1. Britches is stolen from his mother as an infant
2. Kept in a research lab at the University of California, Riverside with a sonar device attached to his head. It kept making a screeching sound that caused Britches to go insane. His body shuddered neurotically, and he kept having fits.
3. Members of the ALF break in and rescue Britches (along with hundreds of other animals).
4. Veterinary specialist Dr. Ned Buyukmihci removes the device to find that Britches eyes had been sown shut without anesthesia.
5. Britches is bathed, fed and cared for daily, and slowly becomes normal again.
6. At last, he is adopted by a real mother.